Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meet Kendra Lewis AKA Miss Kenge The Model!



What's the deal GoodLife fam??  You know what it is over here!  In no other way can we stress that we bring the ABSOLUTE best in everything we do, whether it be fashion, music, or in this case, The Model!!  Easily the best blend of looks and intelligence put in the same package that is ever so pleasing to look at.  Her beauty is only matched by her confidence and drive to be the best at whatever she is doing.  Only thing wrong is her last name isn't Thrash(LOL yet), it's Lewis.  Kendra Lewis AKA Miss Kenge, The Hustla in Heels!!  This Muskegon native can more than hold her own in any arena, and still sport the most unforgetable smile while doing so.  Whether it is video shoots with both local and nationally known acts, promoting the latest hotspot in the area, or just hanging out with the girlfriends, Miss Kenge's energy demands the spotlight.  We had the opportunity to sit down with her during the video shoot for La the Darkman and Willie the Kid's video shot at the Love Lounge in Grand Rapids, Michigan!!

GLC: So Miss Kenge, What is your definition of the GoodLife??

Miss Kenge: Being successful.  Being able to buy what you want, and being appreciative for what you already have.


GLC: So what made you start modeling??

Miss Kenge: I was brought into the game by Klass wit a K.  He seen a lot of the promotion work that I had already been doing, so I joined his team IDC.  I began to get a lot of attention while out promoting parties and events.  A lot of local artists were asking me to appear in their video and photo shoots.  This began to happen so frequently, the modeling avenue was the next logical step.  So basically off the strength of the people, and their love for me as a whole is what brings me here today.

GLC: So besides your obvious physical traits, what do you think it is about you that attracts people to you??

Miss Kenge: I feel that a lot of people can connect with me because I'm not stuck up or booshie.  I don't feel like I'm above anyone else.  I just stay true to being humble and I think a lot of people can relate to that.  In addition to that, I'm a hard worker.  I'm dedicated and passionate about whatever I'm doing.  I keep it real in everything I do.




GLC: Here at the GoodLifeCampaign we feel that music is a KEY component in achieve any sort of piece of the GoodLife.  So on your free time what do you like to listen to?

Miss Kenge: I love to listen to alot of local artists. When I'm given a CD and asked my opinion, I love to get into the entire album.  I love hip hop, but at the same time I'm an old soul.  I'm not afraid to bring out The Temptations or Earth, Wind , and Fire, and really just unwind and relax.


GLC: Now just paying a little attention to your various model and promotion pages, I seem like you are constantly on the grind.  So whenever you do have time to get away, where would be your ideal vacation spot?

Miss Kenge: When I'm not promoting or modeling I actually, believe it or not, have a regular 9 to 5.  I'm out here doing the best that I can to provide for my family.  I have a daughter that is almost 5 years old and is getting ready to start school.  If I'm not doing one of those two things, then I often volunteer on my free time.  I volunteer at the local food pantry, help coach soccer, and do some scrapbooking, which is my little nerdy passion!!  I really don't have a particular vacation spot, just anywhere with my daughter would be perfectly fine!

GLC: You only have $25 and you need to get something to eat, drink, and listen to.  What would they be?

Miss Kenge: Let's see, something to drink I'd probably go with a Bud Light, possibly two!  Something to eat I have to go with some fries because they are my weakness.  And the CD would have to be that Erykah Badu Live Album, the one with the song "Tyrone" on it! LOL! I think every woman can relate to that song.





GLC: So.. I know this is a question I know all the fellas would want me to ask, Are You Single??

Miss Kenge: I am Absolutely 100% Single.




GLC: Obviously by choice, so what type of man, if you were looking, would you be into?

Miss Kenge: I'm looking for the type of man that can, first and foremost, if we are out in public be able to let me get hit on.  I like the type of guy who is confident enough to let me do me and fend for myself while we are out, but at the same time still keep an eye on me.  If he sees that someone is overstepping and making me uncomfortable, be able to step in and take control of the situation.  I like a BOSS!!  A guy that can use his use his mouthpiece to get what he wants without being tacky.

GLC:  When I say West Michigan, Muskegon, what comes to mind.  What are some unique experiences you can share that makes you love this area?

Miss Kenge:  Family BBQs!!  My family isn't really big on the words, I Love You, we show it.  We show it mostly through food and music. I can remember the soul train lines, all the dancing and laughter.  A good BBQ always brought people together.  Summer Celebration as well!! I can remember going shopping to pick out the baddest outfit trying to be seen down at the Summer Celebration.  I still enjoy going to Summer Celebration to this day and seeing everybody at the carnival.  I love Muskegon.  I'm always excited and eager to get away, but I always find my way back.  It's home! S/O to good ole Katy's Discount.

GLC: You are seriously on the grind all the time!  Where do you see yourself in five years?  Whether modeling or any of your other hustles, what do you envision?



Miss Kenge: In five years I just hope to more established.  More established as a model, and that I continue to be taken seriously in whatever I'm doing.  My main goal outside of modeling is to start my own non profit organization for "Baby Daddies".  I feel like there are alot of good dads out there that are forced to pay amounts of child support that their situations don't allow them to.  I believe in putting special programs in place to help assist the man in paying, or assisting in helping find a way for them to help support.  When you have a baby as a man and you aren't married to the mother, you start out in about $10,000 in debt because of the child birth and they definitely come after the guys.  One reason the Muskegon County Jail is so overcrowded and they are releasing people early is the amount of people they are locking up over Child Support.  In today's economy I think it is unfair the way the system is set up for the males involved.  I have a "baby daddy," and personally I feel the time he spends with his daughter is more important that just financial support.




Videos to catch Miss Kenge In!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUD2XejxkPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVjN5yNDRqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92jhtr_t16Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih1eFSaHlLk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYj58cqehFY&feature=share.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY3jMcZwYV8Yung


Be Sure to Check Her Out on FB and Follow On Twitter!!


@MisssKENGE on Twitter!!

More Pics and Videos on the FB page!!  Super Hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment