Thursday, August 11, 2011

Meet Lauren Delatorre

This Campaign that we are on is really Good.  Here at GLC we want to bring you the best of everything going on in the Midwest, but not only the Midwest but eventually the entire country.  Recently we got a chance to sit down with a beautiful model who's name you will be knowing really soon, because of her hard work and dedication to modeling. Get ready Good Life because we bring to you a supermodel in the making by the name of Lauren Delatorre.


GLC: So where are you from?

Lauren Delatorre: You can say I am from Grand Rapids, MI, but growing up, like four months out of the year I lived in Miami every year because i have family their, so I'm pretty familiar with the city of Miami, but for the most part I'm from Grand Rapids.

GLC: How long have you been modeling?

Lauren Delatorre: I started when i was 14, I was like a freshman in high school. That's when i got my first contract.

GLC: What made you want to pursue modeling?

Lauren Delatorre: I don't know. I get that question a lot, and its kind of hard for me to say. Its just always something i wanted to make a career out of, but just in case it didn't fall threw, that's what i am in college for, but It just appealed to me.

GLC:  Who would you say that you look up to, and who would you say is your favorite model?

Lauren Delatorre: Look up to, I would have to say my dad. I don't really have a favorite model, maybe ummm... it's kind of hard like as far as the urban stuff i would have to say Cubana West or Rosa Acosta, but as far as like fashion I would say Kim Kardashian. I like her style.

GLC: Are you single?

Lauren Delatorre: No I'm not.
                                                                                 
GLC: Do you get a lot of guys trying to talk to you all the time, and if you do how do you handle that?

Lauren Delatorre: I tell them I'm married. I actually have a ring that i bought just so people would leave me alone, but for awhile it was working but now its like guys don't even care, so i gotta come up with something new to say. But usually you tell somebody you're in a relationship or your married or happy and they don't even care, they think that you want to have somebody on the side, but I'm definitely not like that.

GLC: Lets just say you were single. What type of guy do you go for, like whats your type?

Lauren Delatorre: Well I like pretty boys I don't like hood guys at all, I'm just to old for those types now, so i like somebody that's in school and has a job.  I like guys that are really professional and well put together. Seems like only the hood guys try to holla at me.

GLC: Who's your favorite guy entertainer?

Lauren Delatorre: Well I have a couple, Johnnie Depp, Ryan Philipee, Paul Walker

GLC: As far as modeling goes, do you see yourself in the big magazines in the near future and if you could be in any magazine which one would it be?

Lauren Delatorre: Well the industry is really hard for people to get that big break and make it now, so its really hard to say, all i can do is keep trying and keep getting the exposure that i need to get, but right now i love to do it and have it be my career, but if i could be in any magazine, I would really like to be in any high fashion magazine. I tend to only get work for urban modeling. But anyone of the big  high fashion mags would work for me. Just to really get published on a bigger scale.
                                                                                     
GLC: Could you see yourself in the King Magazine?

Lauren Delatorre: I mean to start out yea. I mean i won't do anything degrading. A lot of times like i said im only getting contacted about the urban stuff such as King Magazine. I feel like i kind of have to do that stuff in order to get to where i want to be. Its not my mag of choice but I would do it.

GLC: If everything plays out the way you see it as far as your career, where do you see yourself with modeling at the end of it all?

Lauren Delatorre: I would love for it to be what i live off of, so hopefully that will happen, but outside of modeling I will have a degree shortly, so if it doesn't get to where i want it to go i would still like it to be a side hobby that i do for fun, so at that point Ill probably be more open to do whatever, but either way it goes I'm still going to be modeling whether it be the big stuff or the smaller things. I will definitely have a degree and doing something I like doing if modeling isn't my career. But either way it goes i come out winning.

GLC: If you had $25 and you needed something to drink, eat and listen too what would they be?

Lauren Delatorre: To eat it would have to be my chocolate chip ice cream. And to drink it would be Lambrusco its a red wine, and to listen to, any type of Latin or R&B music.

GLC: So are you Latin?

Lauren Delatorre: I'm half Latin. My dad is black and my mom is Cuban.

GLC: So where you and ya girls going out to, and what you sippin on, and whats your favorite city to party in?

Lauren Delatorre: I'm either going to be going to a Latin bar with my Latin friends, or an urban club a place that plays r&b. I'm drinking on corona when i go out, and the best city to party in would  have to be Miami.

GLC: So being a model and a mother how do you handle both?

Lauren Delatorre: Well its kind of a struggle because being a mom theres somethings that i will absolutely will not do, if i wasn't a mom i would probably be more open to do certain things, but i do have to maintain that image for my daughter so that when she gets older she wont question anything that I've done. Obviously being a mom is really important to me and modeling too, so i laid down my boundaries awhile ago as far as what i will and wont do, so its not really too much of an issue because ill just tell people up front i will or i wont do this. it works out.

GLC: Can we catch you in any fashion show here in the future, and where can the people go to see your pics?

Lauren Delatorre: I just did a shoot for a magazine for 2012 ill be the month of October so that's coming up.  Its for a motorcycle club in Grand Rapids. I'm probably going to be doing some music videos for La The Darkman soon. I might be doing a fashion shoot pretty soon too.

GLC: So do you see yourself as a walking business?

Lauren Delatorre: I do. I actually get a lot of referrals and job offers from my facebook and and my model mayhem page. I always get a lot of offers to do things I've never done before such as movies and videos and things like that, so yea I would call myself a walking business.

GLC: What is your definition of a Good Life?

Lauren Delatorre: Having a sense of accomplishment, self fulfillment. I feel like a lot of people just strive to satisfy people around them instead of focusing on what they want for themselves.  I feel like as long as you are satisfied with yourself and you accomplish things then that's the good life.



Good Lifers this beautiful woman is on a road to success. Thanks for checking out the campaign stay tuned for more of the GOOD LIFE CAMPAIGN, and stay tuned in to Ms. Delatorre. Hit her up on facebook and check her out on model mayhem.

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment