Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cecelia Hughes Doing Big Things



What up GoodLifers. I bring to you today what we call a beautiful strong women by the name of Cecelia Hughes. This Muskeegon Michigan native is doing some big things in her community, she loves fashion, and modeling, but what we found out is she has a entrepreneur spirit. Lets see what the young lady with swagg had to tell us.


GLC: What made you absolutely want to start modeling?

CECE: I feel it has always been in me to model, I would always get compliments from people telling me I was pretty, and I have long pretty legs like a model, since I was a child on up, but honestly I did not believe them until I turned around 17 where I learned to appreciate my beauty, I  always thought I was cute but not beautiful.. until later lol..  my wonderful husband always tells me I'm beautiful, and supports what I do, but I was so thankful when I was approached and given the opportunity by a local designer in 2005, who first helped me share my passion with the world by modeling in a few of her shows and it felt so good to finally be able to share with the world what I used to only imagine doing, come to reality. I later started to create and coordinate my own shows in Aug of 2009 when I was approached to do my very own first Fashion Show at Pere Marquette Beach, and I've been doing my own Fashion Shows at least 2-3 times per year since then.



   GLC: What inspires you for fashion and modeling?

  CECE: I love to play with different clothing, mixing and matching colors together, shoes, jewelry, etc. I love Ripping The Runway, an adrenaline rush comes over me and I feel somewhat a sense of power, beauty power I guess u could say hahaha,  what inspires me the most is the positive feedback, and reaction I always get from my supporters and fans, they give me energy, they are one of the main reasons and my motivation to continue to fulfill my dreams in the fashion world :).   


GLC: Who are some of your role models?

CECE: God first, My 2 lovely children, they are my world :) My mom who is now deceased rest her soul, and my dad.  I also look up to my older siblings. they are all very successful, I'm the baby of the family so I am trying to get up there financially and  hopefully be as successful or more successful than them *wink*


GLC: If you had 25 dollars and had to get something to eat, drink and listen to, what would they be?

CECE: lol hmm let's see since my budget is tight, I would buy a Q'doba Chicken Wrap,
and a Green Tea, I would listen to some Mary J. and some other old school music.


GLC: When and where can we see you rip the runway?

CECE: You can see me and the rest of my beautiful models RIP THE RUNWAY  in The Muskegon's Multi-Cultural Hawaiian Tropics Fashion Show part of a Non Profit Organization,  Aug. 18th, from 8:30pm-10pm at Pere Marquette Beach 1601 Beach st. Muskegon Mi. 49441, Be There!! We are going to put on a show!



 GLC: What are your long term goals?

CECE: One of my long term goals is to hopefully own my own legit modeling agency and teach models free of charge how to get started like I did, I never want to be like some of the other agencies out there they make money off of models but not help the models make money.


GLC: What are your feelings on the new age of modeling w/social media and things of that nature now? Do you feel like its easier to be a model or is it harder?

CECE: I feel like it's somewhat easier,  I could write a whole book on this topic...lol but we just have to be careful not to say yes to everything, some people will  just try to get you to take off all of your clothes for every pic, and to me modeling is more than showing everything in every pic, don't get me wrong I've done swimsuit shoots before with taste but never did I  feel compelled to only show too much skin in every photo, to be considered sexy, I want to be a role model to the younger generation and show them that you can still get very far with class.




 GLC: Shout outs?

CECE: Shout to every single person who believes in me,  my husband and 2 beautiful children who I love every much,  and continues to support me, and to my mom and dad for making me :)


GLC: Any up and coming events you have and where can ppl go to find out about you and other things you have going on?

CECE: Yes:) you can see me and the rest of my beautiful models RIP THE RUNWAY at The Muskegon's Multi-Cultural Hawaiian Tropics Fashion Show part of a Non Profit Organization,  Aug. 18th, from 8:30pm-10pm at Pere Marquette Beach 1601 Beach st. Muskegon Mi. 49441, Be There we are going to put on a show!


There you have it. Campaigning for a good life, is what we are all about. Make sure you go check out the fashion show on Aug, 18th. Ms. Cecelia Hughes is on her way to the top, and she is what we call a go getter. GoodLifeCampaign approved.









1 comment: